This delicious mango cake is made extra special with the addition of CBD oil. Combining the naughtiness of a cake treat with the goodness of our finest organic, cruelty free CBD oil.
This recipe is 10 servings, 12mg of CBD per serving.
Adjust the dosage up or down accordingly depending who will be eating it. First decide how much CBD you want in each slice, check how much CBD is in a drop of your CBD oil and multiply by 10 to work out how much to put in the whole batch.
In this video we are using: Heart Hemp CBD 1000mg (10%) oil in a 10ml bottle
1000mg/250drops = 4mg per drop (click here to view)
12mg per slice = 3 drops per slice
10 slices x 3 drops = 30 drops total to be added to the mixture
Prepare and weigh all your ingredients first, you can watch along in real time with with our cook, Julie on our Youtube channel by clicking here.
INGREDIENTS: for the cake:
175g/6oz caster sugar 3 eggs
200g/7oz plain flour
1&1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
225g/8oz mango (flesh)
for the icing (optional):
115g/4oz icing sugar
3-4 tsp orange juice
to decorate (optional):
Fresh mango slices
1) Preheat oven to 180c / 350f / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a loaf tin.
2) Place the sugar and butted in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held mixer or spoon until pale and fluffy.
3) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour, baking powder, vanilla essence and mango, with a metal spoon until well combined.
4) Pour into the cake tin and level the top. Bake for about 1 hour, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5) Allow to cool completely for 30 minutes. Remove from tin.
6) When cake is cold, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and slowly add the orange juice and mix to form a smooth icing. Spread the icing over the top of the cake and arrange the mango slices on top. Allow the icing to set before serving.
Make yourself a cuppa or a coffee, put your feet up and ENJOY!!!